Antyodaya Anna Yojana:- How are there many citizens in our country who do not have any level of income or means? In this situation he is not able to even buy ration for himself. Keeping this in mind, the Central Government has started Antyodaya Anna Yojana . Today we are going to provide you all the important information related to Antyodaya Anna Yojana through this article. Such as what is Antyodaya Anna Yojana?, its benefits, objectives, features, eligibility, important documents, application process etc. So friends, if you want to get all the important information related to Antyodaya Anna Yojana, then you are requested to read our article till the end.
Table of Contents
Antyodaya Anna Yojana 2023
Under Antyodaya Anna Yojana, Antyodaya Ration Card will be provided to all the beneficiaries. Through this, beneficiaries will be able to get 35 kg ration which includes 20 kg wheat and 15 kg rice. Beneficiaries can buy wheat at ₹2 per kg and paddy at ₹3 per kg. Only those people can avail the benefit of this scheme who do not have any stable source of income or are very poor. Antyodaya Anna Yojana was launched by the Central Government on 25 December 2000 through the Ministry of Fertilizer Supply and Consumer Affairs. Initially 10 lakh families were covered under this scheme. Now disabled people have also been included under Antyodaya Anna Yojana. If you also want to avail the benefits of Antyodaya Anna Yojana, then you will have to apply by visiting the official website.
Objective of Antyodaya Anna Yojana 2023
As you know, there are many people in the country who are unable to buy ration for food due to being very weak financially. Antyodaya Card has been issued by the government for them and the disabled people of the country also find it very difficult to meet their financial needs. In view of all these problems, the Central Government has started the Antyodaya Anna Yojana. Under this scheme, the people of the country are given Antyodaya Card . To provide food items to persons with disabilities at affordable rates. Through this scheme, 35 kg food grains per family will be provided every month to the disabled. Through Antyodaya Anna Yojana, all the states have been asked to ensure that no disabled person is deprived of it.
Antyodaya Anna Yojana New Update
As you all know, the Central Government is running many schemes for the people living below the poverty line. So that their standard of living can improve. One of these is Antyodaya Anna Yojana. Under this scheme, people living below the poverty line will be provided ration for the entire month at low cost. Now under this Antyodaya Anna Yojana, disabled persons have also been made beneficiaries. Under this scheme, 35 kg ration will be provided every month.
Benefits of Antyodaya Anna Yojana 2023
- The benefit of this scheme will be provided to Antyodaya card holders and disabled persons of the country.
- Food will be provided to the beneficiaries at affordable prices every month.
- Under Antyodaya Anna Yojana 2023, the beneficiary will be provided 35 kg wheat at Rs 2 per kg and paddy at Rs 3 per kg.
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana is mainly reserved for the poor, poor families in urban and rural areas will be provided the benefits of this scheme.
- The family of the applicant selected for Antyodaya Parivar will be provided with unique quota card to get “Antyodaya Ration Card” recognition.
- AAY involves identification of one crore poor families from the number of BPL families covered under TPDS within the states, and giving them Rs 2. / – Providing food grains at highly subsidized rates per kg.
- Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan says that the accountability of who will be the beneficiaries under Antyodaya Anna Yojana Ration Card and Priority Family Ration Card is on the state government.
- The AAY scheme has since been expanded to cover 2.50 crore poor families.
Criteria adopted in order to identify families _ _ _
There are some criteria for identifying families under this scheme, which we have given below, read them in detail.
- Landless agricultural labourers, marginal farmers, rural craftsmen/artisans like potters, leather artisans, weavers, blacksmiths, carpenters, slum dwellers and persons working on daily basis in the informal sector like porters, porters, rickshaw pullers, street vendors, These include flower sellers, snake charmers, garbage collectors, cobblers, destitute and other such categories of people in rural and urban areas.
- Families of widows or sick/disabled/persons aged 60 years and above who have no assured means of subsistence or social support.
- Widows or sick persons or disabled persons or persons above 60 years of age who have no assured means of subsistence or social support.
Rural area beneficiaries of Antyodaya Anna Yojana
- Families with annual income up to ₹ 15,000
- old age pensioner
- small and marginal farmers
- landless agricultural laborer
- physically handicapped person
- Inspector Widow
- Rural artisans or craftsmen like kumars, weavers, blacksmiths, carpenters and slum dwellers.
Beneficiaries of urban areas of Antyodaya Anna Yojana
- Families with annual income up to ₹ 15,000
- people living in slums
- daily wage earners like rickshaw pullers
- fruit and flower vendors on footpath
- domestic servant
- construction workers
- Widow or disabled
- snake charmer
- rag picker
Also Read More-
Antyodaya Anna Yojana 2023 Documents (Eligibility)
- The applicant should be living below the poverty line.
- The applicant must be selected for Antyodaya Ration Card issued by the designated authority.
- Address proof
- identity certificate
- Income certificate of the beneficiary issued by the concerned Patwari
- An affidavit from the applicant that he has not previously held any ration card.
- mobile number
- passport size photo
How to apply for Antyodaya Anna Yojana 2023?
Interested beneficiaries of the country who want to apply to avail the benefits of Antyodaya Anna Yojana can apply by visiting the food supply department of their area. For this, first of all you should go to the Food Supply Department and get the application form for Antyodaya Anna Yojana. After taking the application form, you will have to fill all the information asked in it like name, address, income, mobile number etc. After filling all the information, you will have to attach all the necessary documents in the application form. After this you will have to submit the application form. After this, your application form will be scrutinized, after which the department official will decide whether he is eligible to get benefits in this scheme or not. After applying under this scheme, you can check the status of the application and your name in the beneficiary list.